Is it spring yet?

Is it spring yet?

I don't know about you , but around this time of year my decor starts to look a little like I feel after a long , cold winter.  Tired and worse for wear.  I had the urge to bring some spring to my house; I tried , I really did , but mother nature had other ideas.


  I had visions  of something  like this  for my front containers with a bit of fake thrown in until the real thing is possible - that means late June here.

Source 

 I bought pussy willows and some  short , purple flowers to  add to the greenery that is there.  Unfortunately the current items from Christmas are still frozen solid.   I have  what survived the raging winds and snow of winter ....




I guess it will be red dogwood , Spanish Broom and pine for a little longer! The berries are long gone.


Then I thought what about a new wreath to hang over the containers.  I wracked my brains.  Do you know a spring motif that would look great with Christmas planters?  I  couldn't come up with one thing apart from twigs.  That wouldn't help my craving for colour.

 My only recourse was to take in my Christmas wreath in an effort to remove a little more evidence that I am not with it.


cc960 french violet Benjamin Moore



 Then I tried to convince myself that my Benjamin Moore cc960 french violet door was my spring statement!  Feeble. But hold on a moment.

Would this convince you?  "... evoking thoughts of strolling along the Seine with an armful of violet bouquets"  according to the Benjamin Moore site.  That's close , I chose it because of my memories of the lavender fields in France. My granddaughters have noticed that I love purple , at times it is a little too obvious!


 As in my latest pillow thanks to a scrap of lavender velvet left from 


this little beauty my sister made for a bench in my front porch.  Don't you just love the decorative tucks that make a pattern?  My sister is a class act when it comes to sewing and decorating.  When I got rid of the nasty red accent pillows  I thought I wanted last spring , I knew my accent would return to purple and I would have to elevate this pillow to sofa status. Bye , bye porch bench.




 If you look up you can see where the idea for purple came from.  So spring has hit my house in the form of pillows.  I admit that isn't too overwhelming.

Where does that leave me?

Still thinking about the  dining room table.  Still thinking..... Hum....


Share this:

Disqus Comments